Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara


Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara

Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara

Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara

With my mascara addiction not being pleased too much recently this one stopped me in my tracks. Not just for the (awful) spelling of 'volume', but also for the fact that for drugstore mascaras Maybelline is my favourite. Not pricey and good enough to create some eyelash drama. So seeing the new Mega Plush Volum' Mascara on the display stands there was no way I was passing this by.

Described as the UK's first and only gel mousse mascara, created pumped up lashes without being crispy or flakey. Gel mousse? Gel to me would be describing a skin product, maybe such as their Dream Matte Mousse Foundation? Maybelline could really be onto something here, either that or they like their slogans. The packaging of this mascara is hardly understated, with a aqua green tube and bright pink lettering. It does remind me of a slight 80's vibe? Then again Maybelline do seem to like the green/pink combo, just look at the much hyped Great Lash. It's just a more modern version package.

Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Mascara Review


So the main thing for me is wand, yes I can be swayed by (pink) packaging but overall I will go for what's inside the tube, and well, I didn't guess this one! Described as a flexible wand I just thought 'I've heard that one before!' And thought nothing more. But oh my, the wand literally bends at a 90 degree angle no joke. The brush is fairly thick and full and in no particular shape like their Falsies. But if my memory serves me well this is similar to the Colossal Volume.

On to the application, this applies really well, the extremely bendy wand does take a bit of getting used to like any new mascara but I do like a change. My lashes were left feeling very full and volumised without the cakey crisp feel that I do normally achieve thanks to my mascara addiction. Still not convinced on the 'gel mousse' part, to be honest I don't see how this made a difference. If anyone does know please inform me.

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Mascara - Currently £5.99 in Boots and £7.99 in Superdrug.

Have you tried the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum Mascara yet?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: