My top 5 mascaras under £10 | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

My top 5 mascaras under £10

The Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara, False Lash Flutter, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, Volum' Express Colossal Mascara, Mega Plush Volum' Mascara, L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes,


This post did originally starts as 'My top 5 mascaras under £5' but I soon realised there wasn't actually 5 mascaras I liked under £5, there was only one and that wouldn't make a very interesting post. I couldn't put these in order either, so this is a totally random order and when I upped the price to £10 and there was no stopping me...

Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara | This is the only mascara claiming to lengthen that I actually get on with, as it does give my lashes some volume too. The brush really get to the base of my lashes and allows that ultimate 'zig-zag' movement, although it is not the best mascara ever, for £7.99 it is pretty good. I also think this is a excellent L'Oreal False Lash Flutter dupe as it gives a similar effect.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (Missing from the photo as of course I would throw it out) | This is just one of those mascara classics, and my first ever mascara ever actually. I first saw this the film Clueless and with the green lid and pink tube I just had to have it. This just gives my lashes enough of a boost of daytime, with a even volumised look that defined my eyes nicely. Again this isn't the best out there, and I've tried better which all do seem to be the high end brands, so for £4.99 this is by far my best budget buy mascara you will find.

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Mascara | So I have realised how much Maybelline feature in the post, but they do seem to deliver in the budget mascara department.The Mega Plush Volum' is their newest mascara, and I won't go into too much detail as I have actually given this its own review, but once you have grasped this wand the finished result is just lovely. Nice and volumised, buildable too which doesn't clump. Unless you do what I did and layer it so much that it clumps. You know my favourite thing with this mascara? How easy the removal is, seriously the easiest mascara ever to remove so this often gets applied on those days when I just can't be bothered. For £7.99 this is well worth the money. 

Maybelline The Volum' Express Colossal Mascara | Okay okay, my last Maybelline mascara. (Think I should just rename this post again to 'I love Maybelline Mascaras'...) This is actually my favourite offering from Maybelline, and have gone through tubes of this since I found this when I was at college (Not browsing Boots when I should be in a lecture at all...). This just gives my lashes such volume that is buildable, yes you may have to put on a few coats, even though Maybelline do claim it only needs 'one stroke', I wouldn't go that far but I love the finished result. If your stuck on a Maybelline mascara, and that has all happened to us standing in a drugstore staring at the 124435 different mascara they have, go for this one! For £7.19 I would be surprised if you don't get on with this. 

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara | This is the most expensive mascara on my list, and have found since I purchased this the price has gone up to £10.99...but I love it so much it is staying on my list, and either you won't mind the extra 99p or you will find it on offer like I did. Like with the L'Oreal False Lash Flutter I love L'oreal mascaras, with Max Factor they are my favourite drugstore mascaras but most of them fall over the £10 mark. As you might of realised by now too, I do like a volume mascara, and this one just fits the bill perfectly. Lots of volume, lots of definition and this wins the place of my favourite offering on this list. The brush may be too chunky for some people but not for me. The more extravagant my lashes the better. 


Have you tried any of these mascara? What is your mascara to go under £10?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: