St Moriz vs Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Tan | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

St Moriz vs Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Tan



St Moriz vs Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Tan
St Moriz Tan

Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Tan


I'm not going to review the St Moriz and Beyond Bronze Fake Bake tan individually as there are about one billion reviews already, so I thought I would compare them, St Moriz being the bargain £2.99 tan and Beyond Bronze Fake Bake being the high end £23.49 version....let the fake tan war commence. 

Beyond Bronze is part of Fake Bake, and is a mousse tan, as is St Moriz as I just do not get on with cream tans, and do not get me started on sprays. I'm way too messy for that. The mousse glides onto the skin and the initial colour is absolutely fantastic – like I’ve been on a beach for a week. But as soon as I have a shower, it pretty much washes off, leaving just a very faint (if any) difference to my natural colour which is a bit disappointing. And they do tell you to shower, plus obviously I can't go without a shower. This does take a few applications to reach a golden glow, but when you do it is a lovely colour. The colour is one of the reason I opt for Fake Bake, its just such a gorgeous colour that never turns orange. I just find for the price the application is a tad annoying.

Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake Tan
St Moriz Fake Tan

St Moriz Fake Tan

St Moriz is practically the poor girls St Tropez fake tan, in the nicest was as to me that is exactly how it is marketed. The packaging is similar, the font is similar, the name (obviously). No high hopes from me on this one, plus when you pump it out it comes out with a slight green tone. Yes green. Yet once I applied it (with gloves) it came out such a gorgeous brown colour, easy to apply and you could see where you was applying it. Even quicker drying time just beat Beyond Bronze here hands down, no standing there legs and arms spread praying I would dry before someone caught sight of me. St Moriz always stays on me for a good few days, and is easy to quickly to top up if needed. I do even get a few comments at work about where have I just jetted back from? Some may see that as a insult, to me? Nope I am very happy with that. As you can see the colour result isn't too different, nor was how long it lasted, but application was far easier with St Moriz, one application was enough, even by my dark tan standards.

So the winner? Easy. At that price? St Moriz hands down. £2.99 for St Moriz and £23.49 Beyond Bronze Fake Bake.

Have you tried either of these tans before?





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: