Bargain Purchase: Real Techniques Starter Set | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Bargain Purchase: Real Techniques Starter Set


Real Techniques Eye Starter Set



Real Techniques Starter Set Brushes
It seems I have a TK Maxx problem. I can't seem to walk in and leave empty handed. I didn't even go in there for makeup, although I'm not entirely sure even why I went in there last week, but I couldn't be more glad I did as left on its own on the shelf was the Real Technique Starter Set, half price. Since I brought a couple of the face brushes I have been so keen to try this kit, and I am sure you'll be aware of the starter set but if you're not it contains the brushes I've listed below. Which I have given their own little review, incase (like me) you are a bit unsure what to actually do with 5 eye brushes that a non makeup lover would no doubt consider the same.
Base Shadow Brush "Applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color" | This is a soft and fluffy brush. The round, fairly chunky brush head really does make applying an all over base shadow look much more professional. 

Deluxe Crease Brush "Soft, oversized design for effortless contouring" | Admittedly I'm not the best at applying eyeshadow, no patience to blend, but having a thinner and slightly more tapered brush head than the Base Shadow Brush, means that blending has become much more bearable in the past few days. 

Brow Brush "Distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows" | The tapered Brow Brush is a tad too large for me at the moment, I am getting use to it, but after using the stupidly tiny brush from my Benefit Brow Zings kit anything larger than a pin was going to be a struggle.

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush "Tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application" | I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this brush as I don't think it works well for a fine eyeliner, or maybe that is my lack of artistic skills showing, but I do love for applying eyeshadow as an eyeliner by slightly wetting the end of the brush.


Accent Brush "Designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging" | Underrated but a great multi-tasker as I have found. The Accent Brush is perfect for reaching the inner corner of my eye and on my brow bone, and its safe to say I've used this brush no end.

Overall I do love this is little set, and I do like the case and stand it comes in. Little things eh. Plus obviously I love it more as I got it half price. Good old TK Maxx.


Have you tried the Real Technique Starter Set?





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: