10 Makeup and Beauty Lessons I've Learnt (The Hard Way) | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

10 Makeup and Beauty Lessons I've Learnt (The Hard Way)


So, the Kiko Eyeshadow sticks. Why did no one tell me sooner to buy them? Well, in fact I am sure many did, but did I listen? Course not. There are just some things we will never listen too, and I've done a 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to make post previously, but thought it would be a good follow up to share what I've actually learnt in my years of being a makeup obsessive, rather than highlighting my mistakes...

1. Always take off your makeup before you go to bed. Yep we all know this. And as my mum would say... “Those pillowcases were expensive, you know!”

2. Lipliner is tricky and should be used with extreme caution. I still am stupidly scared of a pencil for this exact reason. 

3. Braids are fully acceptable on holiday. Who can forget when Monica got cornrows on 'Friends' to combat her hair frizz? Exactly, good enough for her, good enough for me. 

4. Masking Tape for Eyeliner. Winged eyeliner sorted. And as a fan of the cat eye, this has come in handy, but please remove so so carefully. Eye waxes are not a thing for a reason.

5. After applying bronzer, use the extra powder left on the brush to bronze your ears. Especially if you fake tan. Took me surprisingly long to remember I actually have ears, and they don't want to be forgotten. 

6. White/Light kohl eyeliner. Total saviour to line my eyes and make me look way more awake than I feel.  

7. Don't neglect elbows. Moisturise. Moisturise. Moisturise. And people do look at elbows, especially if you fake tan and they are wrinkly and orange. 

8. Mascara wands = Brow brushes. Clean ones of course, unless you are going for the extreme brow. But once your old mascara wands are cleaned up they are just the perfect brow brush. Almost justifies my mascara addiction I reckon. 

9. You don’t have to be old to use an eye cream. Or maybe I am getting old thinking this way. But, prevention is better than curing right? 

10. Some people would kill to have what you think of as flaws. Important and true. 

What lessons have you learnt during your makeup using years?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: