Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick


The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick






After that hate that seemed to surround the Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick, I was rather wary of foundation sticks. Admittedly I do love the idea and laziness that comes with a foundation stick, and while Maybelline's one is okay, its not fantastic, and that is more than likely why I was attracted to the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. I just hate when foundation is a effort, I prefer to put my efforts into my mascara. Foundation needs to be quick and easy.

This stick has actually been updated and reformulated from the original, so I do wonder what the first one was like, but with the packaging staying the same I would imagine its hard to tell the difference. The new version has a 'transparent base and skin tone correcting pigments', designed to give a natural look. I wouldn't expect anything less from Bobbi Brown though.

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Dabbed



Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Swatched

I don't apply this directly onto my face, as I just think that is a bacteria spreading ground, especially when my skin is having a spot party. So I use my fingers and then Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it in and it blends smoothly and evenly that I ever expected. The first photo is the foundation dabbed on my hand (obviously thats not my face), and the second is blended in. This just shows how good this is as it even blends ands covers my fake tan hand. This foundation is just like using a one from a bottle, and never did I expect this from a stick. 

And although the formula is moisturising and creamy, it really complements my combination skin, and no oil breakouts through during the day. I think as my expectations of this foundation were so low, I am pleasantly surprised, and a tiny bit gutted I overlooked this for so long. And if you didn't guess by how many times I said the word 'blend', this is definitely the best thing about it. Well done Bobbi Brown, a reformulated product gone right. 


Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick £29


Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick?





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: