The mascara dream team | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

The mascara dream team


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara, Mascara layering,

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara, Mascara layering,


Unsurprisingly, I can't just use one mascara at a time. I don't have that much self restraint. Normally its two (often more) mascaras I use for both my bottom and top lashes, as I don't like to deprive them. If I use a purely lengthening mascara I end up with skinny lashes, and if its a volume centred mascara they end up too stumpy for my liking. So my natural answer, and my answer to most makeup issues, add more mascara. 

For me, at the moment its the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara that gets first dibs. Wand-wise this rubber offering defies normal rubberness failures of lack of volume and definition, to give me some good lashes. The brush head itself is also slightly curved, which is the perfect tool for even coated and lengthened lashes. Rarely for a high street mascara the formula is spot on; not too wet nor dry, and there is probably a technical way to describe that.

The Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara comes next. This really builds the volume up without it looking clumpy and spidery. There are also bristles on the end/top of the wand whichever way you view it, and I find this helps to 'hook' any annoying lashes. Its easy to coat both the inner and outer lashes, without causing a mess, or more importantly not poking my eye out.

This is the summer jacket of mascaras for me at the moment, as its not a black but a brown. Not a full of hit of blackness which can be too strong for daily wear, but a lighter offering of brown that give the right balance of colour (and warmth if it was a jacket...). 

Do you use two or more mascaras at once?




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: